How to Apply
Responsive grant applications are accepted and decisions are made twice a year for each community investment priority.
Step 1: You Schedule a pre-application conversation.
Schedule a pre-application conversation with a member of our Community Investment team to talk about the need you want to address, outline your project and ask initial questions. This conversation must take place at least two weeks before the application deadline.
Economic and Community Development pre-application conversations for
the July 1, 2013 deadline may be scheduled between May 6 and June 14.
Individuals and Families pre-application conversations for the July 1, 2013 deadline may be scheduled between May 6 and June 14.
Early Childhood Learning and School Readiness pre-application conversations for the October 1, 2013 deadline may be scheduled between August 5 and September 13.
- Youth Development pre-application conversations for the October 1, 2013 deadline may be scheduled between August 5 and September 13.
Step 2: You Complete the online grant application.
Complete the online grant application. You will be asked to provide:
- General information about your organization.
- A narrative that summarizes the project and includes information about the need your organization wants to address, other partner organizations (if applicable), and how your organization plans to evaluate the project.
- Outcomes your organization hopes to accomplish through the project.
- A detailed project budget and information about other funding sources.
- Supporting documents.
Step 3: We review Your Grant Application.
Your grant application is reviewed by our staff and Community Investment Committee. During this process, our staff may request more information or conduct a site visit.
Step 4: Final Grant Decisions are Made.
A final decision about your grant is made by our board of trustees. Your organization may receive full or partial funding, or in some cases we may decline to fund your project.
Step 5: You sign the Grant agreement and we mail your grant check.
If your grant is approved, your organization will complete a grant agreement and a grant check will be mailed shortly thereafter.