Grants & Programs
Organizations that serve Kalamazoo County are eligible for funding consideration if their inclusion policies and practices align with our Inclusion Statement (see below) and if they fall into the following categories:
|501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations|
|Organizations with a 501(c)(3) sponsor|
|Religious institutions and governmental agencies|
Our Inclusion Statement
- No person is excluded from agency services;
- Wherever practical, all people will be considered in employment or volunteer participation, regardless of ethnicity, race, age, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, economic background/circumstances, physical and/or mental disabilities, veteran status, marital status, resident immigration status, and philosophy/religion, or any other discriminatory reason.
- The organization is continuing to intentionally increase inclusive practices and pursues racial equity strategies that reach and welcome BIPOC communities to participate in programs and receive services relevant to their needs.
Demographics and Candid
Demographic data has a critical role to play in advancing equity across the social sector. As KZCF deepens our commitment to using demographic data as a tool in advancing racial equity, we will be requiring our nonprofit partners to provide demographic data on their staff and board, starting in 2023.
What is required from my organization?
For current funded partners with 501(c)(3) status:
If your organization has received funding from KZCF in the past and you are planning to submit a grant request in 2023, you will need to claim your organization’s Candid profile and share demographic information about your board and staff.
For current funded partners without 501(c)(3) status:
If your organization has received funding from KZCF in the past and you are planning to submit a grant request in 2023, you will need to complete and submit an agency profile report, which will include reporting on the demographics of your board and staff. This report will need to be submitted prior to your grant request.
For first-time grantseekers:
If your organization is submitting a grant request to KZCF for the first time, you are not expected to share your board and staff demographic data on your Candid profile prior to submitting your Grant Request. If your request is funded, you will be expected to claim your Candid profile and complete the demographic data section prior to submitting your next grant request to KZCF.
Demographic Data Collection Resources
Resources to support the demographic data collection and reporting
process, as well as information on how to claim your Candid profile, are
available below. Please reach out to any member of the Community Impact & Investment Team with questions about this process.
- For 501(c)(3) Partners
- For Fiscally Sponsored Programs
- For Non 501(c)(3) Partners
- Sample Demographic Data Collection Survey
Meet our eligibility requirements and ready to apply for a grant?
Learn more about Grant Request best practices and deadlines.
Need to learn more about our grantmaking process?
If you have additional questions about KZCF’s new demographic data reporting requirements? Contact Kari Benjamin Hamann at 269.381.4415 or firstname.lastname@example.org