Grants & Programs
We believe the greater Kalamazoo community draws its spirit, vitality and character from the increasingly diverse mix of people who are part of it. We are committed to making life better for all, which is why the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning Equality Fund was created.
Our LGBTQ Equality Fund has four priorities:
- Advocate for human rights and equality to positively impact Kalamazoo County's LGBTQ community;
- Promote social justice and unity;
- Support activities that celebrate the social and cultural contributions of the LGBTQ community; and
- Strengthen organizations that serve the physical, health, social or emotional needs of the LGBTQ community.
In particular, it supports programs that facilitate leadership development, and programs that impact LGBTQ people of color, youths and families; transgender people; and multiple generations.
To learn more about the fund, please contact
David Feaster at 269.381.4416 or send an email.
- Linden Grove Middle School: Gay-Straight Alliance
- Milwood Middle School: Gay-Straight Alliance
- Planned Parenthood: LGBTQAI+ Centered Sexual Health Education for youth and medical professionals
- Big Brother Big Sisters: funding a Strategic Planner position to facilitate a collective of LGBTQAI+ Youth serving Orgs
- WMU Office of LGBTQ Student Services: Summer Camp for potential new students, staff; student conferences
- HOPE Trough Navigation: school supplies, WIFI access, On-line student hub, outreach and referrals, direct support
- Fire Historical and Cultural Arts Collaborative: neurodivergent, queer, black, indigenous leadership development programming.
LGBTQ Equality Fund
View the LGBTQ Equality Fund Booklet.