Scholarship Criteria

Kalamazoo Public Schools graduating high school senior or graduate of KPS; BIPOC; pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree; demonstrate commitment to social justice; attend two-year or four-year college or university full-time or part-time.

Type of Student

  • Graduating High School Seniors
  • Undergraduate Students
  • Graduate Students
  • Part-time Student

Award Amount Range


Required to Demonstrate Financial Need


High School Eligibility

  • Kalamazoo Public Schools
  • Kalamazoo County Alternative School/GED program

Scholarship Information

The Duane Roberts Scholarship was established in memory of Duane Roberts, a Kalamazoo Public Schools graduate, community activist, and KPS Board of Education member, to provide scholarship support to KPS minority students.