Scholarship Criteria

Kalamazoo County resident or graduate of a high school, alternative school or GED program within Kalamazoo County; must be pursuing vocational or technical training, trade school, a certificate program; a two-year or four-year degree full-time or part-time; minimum 2.5 GPA if attending a college/university; if attending a community college, trade or vocational school, minimum 2.0 GPA. Preference for students whose families immigrated to the United States.

Type of Student

  • Undergraduate Students
  • Certificate and/or Technical Schools Programs
  • Part-time Student

Award Amount Range


Required to Demonstrate Financial Need


Residence Eligibility

Kalamazoo County resident

High School Eligibility

  • Kalamazoo County Alternative School/GED program

Scholarship Information

The Jerry A. and M. Christine Walker Scholarship was established in 2019 by Christine Walker.

The purpose of the fund is to provide financial assistance for Kalamazoo County residents or persons who have graduated from a school within Kalamazoo County to help them reach their goals of increased financial independence through employment.